BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tolstoy and Family

"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." - Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina.

This is how Tolstoy starts out my favorite book of all time. This thought or line runs through my head all the time. Happiness is very subjective, or so people think.

Families have always fascinated me. Every family is different in that each has their own issues and baggage. You really never know everything about someone's family, or even your own for that matter. Families can be the root of all happiness, or all sorrow. I think this is why we as individuals start our own families in the hope that we will improve our personal happiness, and in turn will be able to share that happiness with our families. Families are complicated, but the complication is worth it because it brings about true joy.

2 comments:

Kim C said...

Brian, I always appreciate your thoughts, and insight. Thanks for giving me something to think about, and more importantly reminding me to appreciate those around me!

The Obergs said...

Emily, I left you a comment on the last post