BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Perspective

"Most people see the world as a threatening place, and, because they do, the world turns out, indeed, to be a threatening place" - The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho, Harper 1998.

This shows how strong perspective really can be, and how it influences our daily choices. If I look for the bad in every situation I am more likely not to like the decisions I make. When I look for the good I see the bigger picture of my choices, and therefore am empowered to fully understand myself, and the choices I make. There is good and bad in almost every choice we make. This is why it is important not to make decisions prematurely without reflection and thought.

I have really enjoyed the book The Alchemist and have to thank Spencer Nussbaum for that. Check out his blog at http://kiplingtimes.blogspot.com. I don't always agree with everything Spencer says, but his posts do conjure up thought and self reflection.

Also you can buy this book on half.com. Here is a link http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Alchemist_W0QQprZ24235QQtgZinfo

The book is truly fascinating on a lot of different levels. The story's plot is slow at times, and then it becomes brilliant in little paragraphs with thought provoking ideas.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey Bri okay your thoughts are a little too deep for my small brain!! J/K Let us know how everything is doing and when the baby gets here!! Our blog is thekinnefamily.blogspot.com

Kim C said...

As always, your posts are much appreciated and thought about!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.