BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Experience as Knowledge

As I study in law school (book study) I learn what my professor wants me to learn. This brings about knowledge. However, I feel as though I do not grasp all that I should.

"Could we read and comprehend all that has been written from the days of Adam, on the relation of man to God and angels in a future state, we should know very little about it. Reading the experience of others, or the revelation given to them, can never give us a comprehensive view of our condition and true relation to God. Knowledge of these things can only be obtained by experience through the ordinances of God set forth for that purpose." - Joseph Smith

This quote personifies how I feel when I read. You have to feel or experience something to truly know it. This is why we can not judge others. We do not know all, because we have not experienced all, or been taught all through God. I find that as I put things to work or trial is when I truly learn them.

1 comments:

Mike & Zona said...

Brian, I love your line of thinking. It always gives me something to think about. Love Zona