BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Agency

"I thought of the unending variety of possibilities the Lord has provided for us. We have so much freedom, so many opportunities to develop our unique personalities and talents, our individual memories, our personalized contributions." - Richard G. Scott in Conference Report, Apr. 1996, 33)
I love this quote. Agency is such a marvelous thing. We truly do have the OPPORTUNITY to choose what we want. There are consequences to what we choose; some good and some bad. I look at my life and I have made bad choices, and I have made good choices. It has been the bad that I have had to grapple and fight with. It is a constant battle to do what is right, and it is not easy. I would not trade any of that for my agency. I like the fact that I am in control of my destiny, and that I will decide how it plays out. I will not react to life, I will make life react to me.

0 comments: