BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

America

"I am the greatest advocate of the Constitution of the United States there is on earth. In my feelings I am always ready to die for the protection of the weak and oppressed in their just rights." - Prophet Joseph Smith

"We will cling to the Constitution of our country, and to the government that reveres that sacred charter of freemen's rights; and if necessary, pour out our best blood for the defense of every good and righteous principle." Prophet Brigham Young

"It was in this government, (government of the United States) formed by men inspired of God, although at the time they knew it not, after it was firmly established in the seat of power and influence, where liberty of conscience, and the free exercise of religious worship were a fundamental principle guaranteed in the Constitution" - Prophet Brigham Young

"No item of inspiration is held more sacred with us (Mormons) than the Constitution (of the United States) under which she acts." - Prophet Brigham Young

I am so tired of hearing people base their vote on religion, and religion alone. Have we forgotten what has made America so great? Have we forgotten what we fought for? I agree you should be able to choose how you believe, but to use that belief to solely decide who your leaders should be is wrong. I admit that I have a pull to Romney because I know he shares my same core values, but my biggest pull to Romney is that I believe he is the right person for the economy. To me the economy is more important at this time than the war in Iraq. If the war, or any war, was my main concern then I would vote for McCain. To simply say ignorant remarks about someones religion and base your vote on that is stupid and mindless. Does anyone know the religions of any of the other candidates? If you tell me I will find strange and interesting facts about their religions. However, once I do that I bring myself under the same condemnation if I base my vote on their religions. This is America. Choose your leader wisely. Truly look at everything, and give those things that matter most to you the greatest weight. If what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints believes is most important to you, then you better make religion your main concern with every candidate.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Get with it! McCain is Baptist, Guiliani is Catholic and of course Huckabee is Evangelical. Ok, so I just googled that, but now we know!

Barnes said...

AMEN Brother! AMEN. I too am tired of people pulling out the religion card. If religion of a candidate was never mentioned on T.V. then a majority of people would never know what it was. I say that because it seems like that is where people get all their information from now days. I got news for them, take a little pride in being American and do your own research on the candidates. Don't just say that Obama is a breath of fresh air because Oprah did.
Brandon